COVID-19 vaccines now available on Reid Health’s main campus
Sept. 13, 2021 -- Reid Health has added another convenient location where community members can receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Beginning today, vaccinations are available 6 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday on the main concourse next to the Home Medical Equipment store at the health system's main campus in Richmond.
Patients already present for outpatient services will be offered the opportunity to receive a vaccine during their visit.
Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments also can be made through Indiana's COVID-19 vaccination website, ourshot.in.gov.
As a reminder, a door screening is required, and a surgical mask will be provided for entry. Cloth masks are no longer acceptable at Reid facilities.
Those who get their vaccination at the new location will receive a card good for a free drink and snack at the Espresso Bar or at the Café at 1200.
Both the one-dose Johnson & Johnson and the two-dose Pfizer vaccines are available at this site. Other Reid vaccination sites use the Pfizer product.
Vaccinations are now available 6 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday on the main concourse next to the Home Medical Equipment store at Reid Health's main campus in Richmond.
Anyone 12 years and older can receive the Pfizer vaccine while those wanting Johnson & Johnson must be at least 18. Parents or legal guardians of minor children who will be vaccinated need to be present at the time of vaccination.
All persons receiving the vaccine are required to remain for a 15-minute observation period.
Those who opt for the Pfizer version will be scheduled for their second dose at either Reid's vaccination clinic at the Kuhlman Center on the Wayne County Fairgrounds or Reid's Residency Clinic on Sim Hodgin Parkway.
In addition to Reid's public vaccination sites, county health departments and pharmacies throughout Reid's service area are offering COVID-19 vaccinations. To see the list of options and schedule an appointment, Indiana residents should go to ourshot.in.gov while Ohio residents should use gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov.
COVID hotline available 7 days a week
Reid's COVID-19 hotline can help with scheduling COVID testing as well as getting test results or clinical advice. That number -- (765) 965-4200 -- is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week.
Today's COVID-19 stats
- Confirmed COVID-positive patients in containment areas: 80
- Number of those patients who are unvaccinated: 63 (78.8%)
- COVID-19 patients in the ICU: 13
- Number of those patients who are unvaccinated: 12 (92.3%)
- COVID-19 patients on ventilators: 10
- Number of those patients who are unvaccinated: 10 (100%)
- Tests submitted since last update: 931
- Lab-confirmed positives since last update: 175 (18.8% positivity rate)
- Suspected COVID-19 admissions in the past 24 hours: 26
Reid Health serves an eight-county area, including Wayne, Randolph, Henry, Union, Fayette, and Franklin counties in Indiana and Darke and Preble counties in Ohio. The statistics above represent patients from throughout the service area.
- You should never delay care. Previous surges have seen patients put off necessary care for emergent issues such as chest pain, stroke symptoms, appendicitis, and even symptoms of cancer. Delaying care can have life-altering consequences.
- COVID-19 vaccines are free. They are safe. Make an informed decision by consulting sites such as the CDC and FDA.
- Indiana residents can find vaccination sites and schedule an appointment by going to ourshot.in.gov. Ohio residents should use gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov.
- Before you come to a Reid Health site to see a loved one or accompany them to an appointment, be sure to check out our latest visitor policy and screening procedures.
- Surgical masks are required in all Reid Health facilities. Cloth masks are not acceptable. Reid will provide you with a surgical mask upon entry if needed.