Social Media Content Policy
You can also expect the following from Reid:
- We will strive to have open and honest dialogues with our readers. In doing so, official Reid representatives will always identify themselves as moderators or facilitators.
- We will disclose conflicts of interest.
- We will remove communications that are abusive, illegal, disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to these terms and conditions.
- We will correct inaccurate or misleading postings in a timely manner. Reid reserves the right to edit or delete any communications posted, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
- Our Standards of Business Conduct will guide what we write about. There are some topics we won’t comment on such as information about individual medical conditions, diagnosis or prognosis, hospital or personal financials, Reid intellectual property, trade secrets, management changes, lawsuits, shareholder issues, employment status, and contractual agreements with alliance partners, customers, and suppliers.
- We will direct any specific question or concern to the Reid employee most appropriate to assist you. Frequently this will be a supervisor or director. We will often choose to have these discussions with you off-line and may delete the post to protect your privacy.
- We will provide links to relevant material. We will disclose any sources fully through credits and links, unless the source has requested anonymity.
- We understand that respect goes both ways. We will use good judgment in our posts and respond to you in a respectful manner. In return, we ask the same of you.
- We trust you will be mindful of the information you share on our blogs. Any personally identifiable information you share on a blog can be seen by anyone with access to the blog.
- We will respect intellectual property rights.
- As employees, we will also abide by Reid’s employee Social Media Policy.
- We will use good judgment in protecting personal, corporate, and private information.
- We will terminate a user’s access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN USAGE EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, Reid Health suggests that you review the Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this policy.
By accessing, viewing, and commenting on any Reid Health social media site you agree to these terms:
- Reid Health (“Reid”) has the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, hide, remove, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media.
- Reid Health reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any social media site, at any time, without notice for any reason in its sole discretion. Reid Health may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict any comment at its sole discretion.
- You will not post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights.
- You will not post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Reid in its sole discretion.
- You will not post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- You will not post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- You will not impersonate another person.
- You will not allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- You will not post the same note more than once or “spam.”
- You will not hold Reid Health, Reid Foundation, or any Reid subsidiaries, responsible or liable for any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted. Only the responses of the administrator “Reid Health” are official responses by Reid Health.
- You understand and agree that Reid Health may disclose your publicly shared online comments in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities (including Patriot Act requests), judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of Reid Health rights. You agree that in the event that Reid Health exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, Reid Health will have no liability to you.