Café at Twelve Hundred
It’s a restaurant that just happens to be in a hospital, a retreat for staff, physicians and visitors. said Kris Ankeny, director of food and nutrition services, describing Café at Twelve Hundred, Reid Hospital’s café. The space is more like a restaurant and food court than traditional cafeteria – complete with a chef’s table, large salad bar, and lots of self-serve entrees, sandwiches and sides. The café also offers brick-oven specialty pizzas and grill items made to order. Top off a meal with a smoothie or a dessert from the bakery, or pick up a whole cake or pie to take home. Box lunches are available for eating on the go. Café at Twelve Hundred has a great catering operation and would love to cater your next event!
We want people to think of this as a retreat from the stress of the day, Ankeny said. It’s an actual restaurant, with a market-fresh concept and a wide variety of selections. I don’t think there is anything like it in the Richmond area.
Convenient on the main floor near the gift shop, the Café at Twelve Hundred is open at the following times:
- Breakfast: 5:00 a.m.- 10:30 a.m. (hot breakfast starting at 6:30 a.m.)
- Lunch: 10:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. (grill open until 7:30 p.m.)
- Fresh baked cookies and hot soft pretzels available from 2:30 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Snacks: 5 am – 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- 3rd Shift: 12:30 a.m. – 3:00 a.m.
For more information, call (765) 983-3133.