Mammograms & BRAvo!
Early detection saves lives.
Have you had your annual mammogram? You can schedule your screening mammogram directly - no physician referral is needed.
- Approximately 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer in their lifetime
- 1 in 65 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer by the time they're 40
- 1 in 39 women will die from breast cancer
- 81% of breast cancers are invasive, meaning the abnormal cells have broken through the walls of the glands or ducts where the cells originated and then spread to surrounding breast tissue
- If there is a history of breast cancer in your family, your risks increase - 1.5 times higher for those with one affected first-degree female relative and 2 - 4 times higher for those with more than one first-degree female relative previously diagnosed with breast cancer
Despite the statistics, there's hope
Getting a mammogram can help detect breast cancer early and reduce deaths by 20%. When breast cancer is caught early enough and is still localized, five-year survival rates are 99%. Localized cases account for 64% breast cancer diagnoses given that routine mammograms are able to detect issues early.
Early detection is your best protection.
If you cannot afford a mammogram, BRAvo! can help. Call 983-3358 and ask about a no-cost mammogram