Massage Therapy now open for outpatient appointments
Appointments are again being offered in Richmond and at Reid Eaton Family & Specialty Care, 550 Hallmark Drive in Eaton.
Safety guidelines will include:
- Masking all staff and clients
- Having clients waiting in their car until appointment
- Diligent handwashing by staff; and client will wash hands when they come in
- Cleaning of the massage area and equipment after each massage
- Screening at entrances
Massage therapy clients will also be contacted the day before their appointment to be sure they are not experiencing respiratory symptoms.
Massage appointments can be made by calling Reid Health Central Scheduling and letting them know the location preferred -- (765) 983-3358.
Reid's Massage Therapy Department offers healing massage therapy with a variety of choices. From hot stone massage, relaxing chair massage or targeted massage for pain management, our staff uses a variety of techniques.
Massage office locations:
- Richmond - Reid Health Outpatient Care Center - 2nd floor To schedule, call Reid Central Scheduling at (765) 983-3358.
- Richmond - Athletic Training Clinic at Reid Orthopedics To schedule, call (765) 973-8057.
- Connersville - Reid HealthWorks Fitness Center To schedule, call (765) 827-7719.
- Eaton - Reid Eaton Family & Specialty Care To schedule, call Reid Central Scheduling at (765) 983-3358.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Pain reduction
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Decreases muscle tension and stiffness
- Facilitates weight gain in preterm infants
- Can help reduce high blood pressure
- Improves circulation and lymph flow
- Decreases headaches, including migraines
- Promotes relaxation
- Decreases stress hormones
- Alleviates depressive symptoms
- Enhances attentiveness
- Increases awareness of the mind-body connection
Despite its many benefits, massage isn't meant as a replacement for regular medical care. Let your doctor know you are trying massage, and be sure to follow any standard treatment plans you have in place.
Massage is generally safe as long as it is done by a trained therapist. But massage is not appropriate for everyone.
Discuss massage with your doctor first in cases of:
- Unexplained pain or other symptoms
- Burns or open wounds
- Blood clots
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Severe osteoporosis
- Pregnancy (Check with your doctor to ensure you are a candidate for massage therapy.)
- Massage Therapy offers many benefits:
- Relieving headaches
- Reducing high blood pressure
- Promoting relaxation and reducing stress
- Reid Health's massage therapists are licensed or certified and are trained in multiple modalities.
- We are here to serve you in multiple locations with hours to fit all schedules.