ReidFamily Birthing Center
The Reid Health Family Birthing Center – which carries prestigious “Baby-Friendly®” designation — is designed to make you feel comfortable with our home-like labor/delivery/recovery rooms. All rooms are private and include a spa-like atmosphere to help bring a sense of calm while you wait for the arrival of your little one. We also have sleepers in each of our rooms so dads or support people can stay close by.
Reid is also equipped with a Level I Special Care Nursery. That means we are equipped to care for most babies who face problems at birth. Those requiring ventilator support or neonatal surgery will be transported to a Level III facility for more advanced care after they have been stabilized.
Family members won’t be the only ones celebrating when your little one finally arrives. Each time a baby is born at Reid, the family can announce their good news by playing a lullaby over the hospital sound system – spurring smiles and exclamations of “Ohhhh.. another baby!” from many Reid team members.
Wearable blankets are providing a safe and easy way to swaddle
The Reid Health Family Birthing Center uses wearable blankets are called “Sleep Sacks”. These sleeps sacks are used instead of traditional receiving blankets. Below are some of the details on these convenient and cuddly wearable blankets.
- will not replace skin to skin contact, which is encouraged for all babies.
- provide an easy and safe way to swaddle.
- are sleeveless, to help reduce the risk of overheating, with arm and neck openings sized for a safe fit.
- have strong and adjustable fasteners which ensure a perfect fit and resist “breakouts” for a more secure swaddle.
- are designed to promote healthy hip development.
- have zippers that are inverted for ease of diaper change.
- are embroidered with the “Back is Best” message as a reminder to all caregivers to place the baby on his or her back to sleep.
New and expecting mothers receive educational mommy courses.
Visit our OB/GYN practice page for additional services.