One Call Access
Who receives your call?
An experienced RN will take patient information and coordinate the transfer or direct admission.
You will be asked for:
- Patient name
- Patient DOB
- Diagnosis, including reason for transfer
- Name of transferring physician
- Other pertinent history
- Physician contact number
- The One Call Access nurse will contact a hospitalist or specialist for admission as indicated if the referring provider will not be the attending to the patient in the hospital. A conference call will be arranged so the referring provider and accepting provider can discuss the referral.
- The One Call Access nurse will work with Patient Placement to arrange a bed once the admission has been accepted and will return to a call within 10 minutes to the transferring office or facility sending the patient for admission.
Patient follow up
- Discharge summaries will be sent to the patient's physician. Upon discharge, patients are referred to their primary care physician for continued care.