Patients admitted to Reid Health Hospital can have information about their stay right in the palm of the hand, updated in real time.
MyChart Bedside is a free service available to those who have the MyChart app installed on their mobile phone or tablet device. The features become available in the MyChart app automatically once the patient has been admitted to the hospital.
Using the app, patients and their designated family members can see:
- Their care team, including role descriptions for each person
- Basic information about their stay such as why they've been admitted, when they arrived, and their expected discharge date
- Medications and lab results with patient-friendly wording
- Their schedule, including medication times, surgeries, and procedures
- Educational information about their condition
- And more
Family members who have been granted access to a patient's information will be able to use the MyChart app to see these same features on their own devices, even if they aren't at the hospital.