Recipe: Sweet potato brownies
Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1 brownie
• 1 medium-sized sweet potato
(baked, skin removed,
approx. 1 cup)
• 3 eggs
• 1/3 cup canola oil
• ½ cup honey
• 1½ tsp vanilla extract
• ¼ cup wheat flour
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 tsp light salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips
• ½ cup coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x13 baking pan with olive oil spray.
2. Place the cooked sweet potato, eggs, canola oil, honey and vanilla extract in
a food processor.
3. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine flours, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
5. Add to the food processor and process just until combined, scraping down
the sides as needed.
6. Scrape the batter into prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 15-17
minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful
to not over-bake.
7. In a microwaveable bowl, add chocolate chips and ¼ cup of the coconut milk.
8. Microwave for 45 seconds.
9. Whisk the melted chocolate and coconut milk together until smooth.
10. Add in the remaining ¼ coconut milk and whisk until smooth. Let set at room
temperature for 30-45 minutes or until cooled and thickened.
11. Frost the brownies with the ganache and cut into squares.
12. Store covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information: Calories 123, Fat 7g (Saturated 3g,
Monounsaturated 2g, Polyunsaturated 1g), Cholesterol 23g,
Sodium 48mg, Carbohydrates 16g, Fiber 2g, Protein 2g