Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower Hummus
• 1 head cauliflower, chopped
• 6 tbsp. olive oil (divided)
• 1 tsp. ground black pepper
• 1/8 – ¼ tsp. salt
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 (15oz) can low sodium or no salt added
cannellini or white beans, drained
• ½ tsp. lemon zest
• 1 ½ tsp. lemon juice
• 1 ½ tsp. sugar or sugar substitute
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine cauliflower, 3 tbsp. olive oil, and pepper on a large sheet pan. Spread cauliflower evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes until tender (half way
check and stir cauliflower around on sheet for even roasting).
3. In a food processor, add minced garlic cloves, beans, roasted cauliflower, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, sugar/sugar substitute, and ¼ cup reserved
liquid from beans. Puree; for creamier texture add more olive oil.
4. Serve with raw vegetables, crackers, pita chips, pretzels, etc..
Nutrition Information per serving size (1/8 of recipe) - Calories 153, Fat 11g (Sat. Fat 2g),
Cholesterol 0g, Sodium 81mg, Potassium 336mg, Carbohydrates 12g, Fiber 4g, Protein 4g