Recipe: Pesto Seafood and Veggies in Foil
• 4 (4-6oz) skinless salmon fillets (could also use tilapia orange roughy etc.)
• 1 ¼ lbs. fresh green beans ends trimmed or 1 lb. asparagus tough ends trimmed
• 3 tsp olive oil divided
• Ground Black Pepper
• 4 tbsp. pesto
• 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cut four pieces of aluminum foil into 14 inch lengths. Boil green beans 3 minutes then carefully drain (asparagus does not need to be boiled before baking).
2. Toss green beans (or asparagus) with 2 tsp olive oil and season with pepper to taste divide into 4 servings and layer in the center of each piece of foil.
3. Season both sides of salmon or other type of fish with pepper. Layer salmon over green beans or asparagus then spread 1 tbsp. pesto over top.
4. Drizzle 1 tsp lemon juice over each fillet.
5. Toss tomatoes with remaining 1 tsp olive oil and season lightly with salt. Spread over each salmon fillet.
6. Wrap sides of foil in and roll and crimp edge to seal then wrap ends upward to seal.
7. Place side by side on baking sheet and baked in preheated oven until salmon or fish has cooked through about 20-30 minutes (cook time will vary depending on thickness of fish).
Per 4oz salmon fillet: Calories 243 Fat 10g (Saturated 2g Polyunsaturated 2g Monounsaturated 6g) Cholesterol 53mg Sodium 109mg Potassium 782mg Carbohydrates 13g Fiber 3g Protein 26g