Recipe: Homemade Fruit Snacks
Servings: Approx. 75 - 100 (depending on size)
• 2 cup fruit and/or vegetable juice (preferably 100% juice, not concentrate)
• ½ cup unflavored gelatin
• 1/3 cup honey
• ½ tsp vanilla extract (could also use liquid stevia)
• 1 cup pureed fruit
(strawberries, blueberries, applesauce, etc.)
1. Place fruit juice in a large glass bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin powder, whisking until the powder is well mixed into the juice. Set aside and allow to soften for 5 minutes, then microwave on high for 60-90 seconds, just until the mixture softens.
2. Working quickly, whisk in honey, vanilla extract or liquid stevia and pureed fruit. Pour into prepared molds or loaf pan. Refrigerate until hardened, approx. 2-3 hrs.
3. Remove from molds, if using loaf pan cut into small squares.
4. Keep homemade gummies in an airtight container in the
refrigerator for about 2 weeks. Can leave out on the countertop
Nutrition Information per fruit snack - Calories 9, Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 2mg, Carbohydrates 2g, Potassium 2mg, Fiber 0g, Protein 0.4g