Recipe: Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
Servings: 12 brownies
- ½ cup canola oil/avocado oil/olive oil
- ¾ cup stevia sugar blend (or 1 ¼ cup sugar)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 large zucchini (approx.2 cups shredded)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine oil, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl combine flours, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
Then add into bowl with sugar, oil and extract, mixing batter together
(batter is crumbly).
4. Grate zucchini; add shredded zucchini into batter until thoroughly
incorporated. Batter should be moist and thick. Scrape batter into 8x11
5. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until brownies is firm and begins
to pull from the sides.
Nutrition Information per serving using Stevia blend: Calories 186, Total Fat 9.5g (Saturated 1g), Sodium 152mg, Total Carbohydrates 29 grams, Fiber 2.5 grams, Protein 2g
Nutrition Information per serving using sugar: Calories 231, Total Fat 9.5g (Saturated 1g),
Sodium 152mg, Total Carbohydrates 37 grams, Fiber 2.5 grams, Protein 2g