Recipe: BBQ Chicken Pizza Zucchini Boats
Servings: 8 • Serving size: 1 boat
• 1 large (6-8oz) chicken breast
• 4 large zucchini, halved
• ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
• 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
• ½ cup shredded mozzarella
• 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
• 1 tbsp garlic powder
• 2 tsp cilantro, finely chopped
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Either cook the chicken in a skillet on medium-high heat until cooked
through or place chicken on baking sheet, place in the pre-heated oven for
10-15 minutes depending on thickness. Optional: Season with ground black
pepper to taste.
3. Using a melon baller or spoon, scrape the flesh out of the halved zucchini
to create a "boat" (make sure to leave enough zucchini flesh to create a
wall all the way around the zucchini to help support). Roughly chop the
scraped out zucchini and place in a large bowl.
4. Add in the remaining ingredients: onion, parmesan cheese, mozzarella
cheese, BBQ sauce, garlic powder and cilantro, along with the cooled
chicken, tossing until well combined.
5. Fill each zucchini boat. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Information for 1 zucchini boat: Calories 108, Fat 3g (Saturated 2g), Cholesterol 21g,
Sodium 235mg, Potassium 395mg, Carbohydrates 10g, Fiber 2g, Protein 11g
Nutrition Information for 1 slice of 10" BBQ Chicken Pizza with Original Crust: Calories 205,
Total Fat 6.5g, Cholesterol 25g, Sodium 610mg, Total Carbohydrates 29g, Fiber 1g, Protein 10g