Recipe: Avocado Banana Pancake Stacks
Servings: 6 (2 pancakes)
• 2/3 cup whole-grain flour
• 1/2 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
• 1 tbsp. brown sugar
• 2 tsp. baking powder
• 1 ripe, fresh avocado (halved,
peeled, pitted, cubed, divided)
• 1 cup sliced, ripe banana
• 1 cup reduced-fat milk
(recommend 1% or skim)
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl mix, together flours, brown sugar and
2. In a blender, combine half of the avocado pieces, half of the
banana slices, milk, eggs, and vanilla; puree until smoother.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined; batter may be lumpy.
4. Lightly spray a griddle or skillet with non-stick spray and heat
over medium heat.
5. Pour ¼ cup of batter for each 4-inch pancake. Cook until bottom
is lightly brown and bubbles begin to burst, about 2 minutes.
Turn and continue cooking until golden brown. Serve warm with remaining avocados and banana.
Nutrition Information per serving size - Calories 210, Fat 7g, Cholesterol 75g,
Sodium 210mg, Carbohydrates 30g, Fiber 4g, Protein 7g