What to expect at your appointment
Since COVID-19, we have changed a few things around the office. It might be slightly different when coming in for your next appointment. Check the video out below to see what to expect.
Meet Dr. Goff!
What is OMT?
OMT is a set of hands-on techniques used by osteopathic physicians (DOs) to diagnose, treat, and prevent illness or injury. Using OMT, a DO moves a patient's muscles and joints using techniques that include stretching, gentle pressure and resistance. When appropriate, OMT can complement, and even replace, drugs or surgery. In this way, DOs bring an important dimension to standard medical care.
Benefits of OMT
OMT can help people of all ages and backgrounds. The treatment can be used to ease pain, promote healing and increase overall mobility. Although often used to treat muscle pain, the treatment can also help patients with a number of other health problems such as:
- Sinus disorders
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Menstrual pain
Through OMT, physicians manually apply a specific amount of pressure to different regions in the body. These techniques can help:
- Treat structural and tissue abnormalities
- Relieve joint restriction and misalignment
- Restore muscle and tissue balance
- Promote the overall movement of blood flow throughout the body
At Eaton Family & Specialty Care we offer a wide variety of services to meet your healthcare needs. We see patients of all ages and offer same day appointments. See our list below of some of the most common services we offer.
- Wellness exams
- Diabetes & blood pressure management
- Strep, flu, mono, and RSV tests
- STD testing & treatment
- Nausea & motion sickness treatment
- Persistent headaches
- Abdominal Pain
- Acne, asthma, & back pain
- Birth control
- Joint injections
- Chicken pox
- Ear wax removal
- Smoking cessation
- Thyroid problems
- Pregnancy tests
- Vaccinations (please call for availability)
- Women's health exams
- Skin biopsies & wart removals
- Telehealth/telephonic visits
- Sports physicals & Pre-employment exams