Recipe: Ground Turkey Gravy
Servings: Approx. 6
- ½ lb. ground turkey
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, etc.
- 3 tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 2-3 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp. minced parsley (optional)
- Season with salt and pepper
1. Cook ground turkey in the oil until cooked through.
2. When the turkey is browned, add the flour and stir until well in cooperated with the turkey.
3. Slowly add the first cup of milk, stirring continuously.
Add the next 1-2 cups (amount may vary) of milk slowly; continuing to stir and bring to a simmer (not a boil) and gravy will begin to thicken, approx. 7 minutes. Add parsley.
Nutrition Information per serving size with ¼ tsp salt used to season -
Calories 140, Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2.4g), Sodium 157mg,
Cholesterol 28mg, Carbohydrates 5g, Protein 9g