Recipe: Chili Lime Salmon
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 4oz
• 1 lb to 11/4 lb salmon
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 1 tsp lime zest
• ½ tsp red pepper flakes
• 2 tsp honey
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter
• ½ tsp cumin powder
• ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
(or more to taste)
• 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1. Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine lime juice, red pepper flakes,
honey and garlic. Allow the lime juice to reduce to 1 tbsp. Add in 1 tbsp of
butter, remove pan from heat and swirl so the butter starts to melt. Place
back on the heat for a few seconds, add second tbsp of butter. When
butter is completely melted, remove sauce from stove.
3. Place the salmon filet in a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal.
Using brush or spoon, brush the salmon with the lime butter sauce. Season
with cumin powder, lime zest and chili powder. Cover with foil so that all
sides are properly closed and the sauce does not leak.
4. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm. Open the foil and allow the fish to broil
for 2-3 minutes, keeping an eye on it so it does not burn. Remove and top
Nutrition Information for 4oz salmon: Calories 301, Fat 11g
(Saturated 3g,Monounsaturated 4g, Polyunsaturated 4g),
Cholesterol 70g, Sodium 72mg, Potassium 430mg,
Total Carbohydrates 4g, Fiber 0g, Protein 23g