Recipe: Cauliflower (Potato) Salad
Servings: 5 • Serving size: 1 cup
• 1 head cauliflower, cored and
cut into bite-sized pieces
• 3 tbsp skim milk
• ¼ cup plain, non-fat Greek
• ¼ cup light mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp white vinegar
• 1 tbsp yellow mustard
• 1 tsp celery seeds
• 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
• 4 hardboiled eggs, minus 2
• ½ cup diced celery
1. Bring 2-3 inches of water to a boil in a large pot and place a steam basket
over the pot with the cauliflower florets. Cook for 5-7 minutes until fork-
tender. (Can also steam in the microwave: place florets in microwave-safe
bowl, add enough water to cover the bottom of bowl. Cover the bowl with
plastic wrap and poke holes in top, microwave for 3-4 minutes or until
2. Place ½ cup cauliflower in a blender or food processor with 2-3 tbsp skim
milk. Blend into a thick puree, then set aside.
3. Put the remaining cauliflower into a colander and run cold water over it to
stop the cooking. Set aside to let the water drain.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery
seeds and pepper.
5. Gently fold in the cooled and drained cauliflower florets, eggs, celery and
6. Next, fold in the pureed cauliflower and season with pepper.
7. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information: Calories 106, Fat 4g (Saturated 1g, Monounsaturated 1g, Polyunsaturated 2g),
Cholesterol 74g, Sodium 217mg, Potassium 425mg, Carbohydrates 9g, Fiber 3g, Protein 8g
Nutrition Information for 1 cup using potatoes: Calories 165, Total Fat 4g (same as above),
Cholesterol 74g, Sodium 182mg, Total Carbohydrates 24g, Fiber 2g, Protein 8g