Apple Pie Tarts
Servings: 12 • Serving size: 1 tart
• 4 apples, peeled and sliced
• 6 tbsp water, divided
• ¼ cup raisins
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
• 2 tsp corn starch
• 1 tbsp sugar (can use artificial
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 6 phyllo dough pastry sheets
• 1 cup reduced-fat whipped
1. In a large skillet, combine apples, 4 tbsp water, raisins, brown sugar, lemon
juice and ½ tsp cinnamon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cover
and cook 3-5 minutes or until apples begin to soften.
2. Mix remaining 2 tbsp water with cornstarch and add to skillet. Stir and cook
2-3 minutes until mixture thickens, then remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining cinnamon and sugar.
4. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
5. On a large cutting board or work surface, lay out 1 phyllo pastry sheet. Spray
with nonstick spray and sprinkle with a small about of cinnamon-sugar
mixture. Repeat with remaining 5 phyllo sheets, stacking them on top of
6. With scissors, cut the stack of phyllo sheets into 12 squares. Gently press
the center of each stack square into prepared muffin cups, leaving the
corners standing up straight. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Carefully remove tarts from muffin pan and set aside to cool.
8. To serve, fill cups with apple mixture and top with optional whipped topping.
Nutrition Information: Calories 90, Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0g,
Sodium 21mg, Potassium 91mg, Carbohydrates 22g, Fiber 2g, Protein 1g