Robotics & Technology
Such innovations as the Da Vinci Surgical System, Sensei X Robotics, Telehealth, and a long list of technological tools help provide innovative care to Reid patients. Please expand the links below to learn more.
Robotic-assisted technology for minimally invasive surgical treatment.
Benefits of the da Vinci® Surgical System
- Highly magnified visualization
- Greater precision
- Smaller incisions
- Patient’s surgical experience improves
- Side effect decline
Gynecologic Robotic Surgery
- Abdominal pain, bleeding
- Pelvic prolapse
Urological Robotic Surgery
- Bladder, kidney, prostate cancer
- Kidney disorders
- Partial Nephrectomy
Thoracic Robotic Surgery
- Lung cancer
- Suspicious lung mass
- Robotic lobectomy
- Thoracic lymph node dissection
- Mediastinal Tumors
Reid Heart & Vascular Center offers the innovative second generation Sensei® X Robotic Catheter System in its Rhythm Management program. This system is designed to give Reid’s electrophysiologists accurate and stable control of catheter movement during complex cardiac procedures performed to diagnose patients suffering from abnormal heart rhythms or arrhythmias.
Minimally invasive; diagnoses cardiac arrhythmia (CA)
- Improves treatment of arrhythmias
- Precise catheter control during procedures
- Orthopedics, Brain Lab Spinal Navigation – Image-guided, open navigation platform
• Uses 2-D images, 3-D scans, MRI and CT datasets in all stages of surgery
• Used for most procedures, including complex surgeries on cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
- Pulmonology, superDimension™ Navigation System – Performs Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy™ (ENB™) procedures
• Accesses peripheral regions of the lung
• Aids in early diagnosis and treatment plans
- Radiation Oncololgy, TruBeam Linear Accelerator – Precise radiation therapy for malignancies helps preserve healthy tissue.
- Radiology, CinemaVision – Entertainment system; patient watches TV or listens to music during MRI
• More relaxing and tolerable for patient
- Reveal LINQ ICM System – Smallest implantable monitoring device
• Wirelessly monitors heart up to 3 years
• For dizziness, palpitations, syncope, and chest pain that may suggest CA
• For patients at increased risk for CA
- Balloon Sinuplasty – These catheter-based technologies are used in sinus surgery. The technology is used to gently open blocked sinusus in many cases without tissue or bone removal required in traditional procedures. The procedure is proving a safe and effective treatment for relieving symptoms of sinusitis. It can shorten recovering time, mean less bleeding and a faster return to normal activities for some patients.
- Audio-visual MRI – Our audiovisual system is proving to help patients relax while having an MRI. The system provides the patient with their own enclosed TV visor and sound system that closes out the sounds of the technology while they watch their favorite show or relaxation video. For patients who are made nervous by traditional MRIs, this technology has already reduced the need for relaxation medication that some require before having an MRI.
- Digital Breast Center – Our Breast Center offers all-digital technology. Digital imaging offers greater accuracy, making it possible to detect problems in their earliest stages. MammoSite® 5-day Targeted Radiation Therapy is available at Reid. For those who qualify, this targeted therapy helps reduce the radiation delivered to healthy tissue.
- State-of-the-art Security – Reid has a quality security system in our Mother-Baby Care Center, the Pediatric area and in Geropsyhiatric Services. The system will automatically lockdown those areas if necessary in the event of an attempt to leave with an infant, child or senior patient.
- Patient Education System – Every room has a bedside system that provides patients with a computer, television and educational system. It allows patients to access the Internet, play games, watch movies and TV from their bed.
With the launch of clinical Telehealth services, Reid is able to deliver health care right where the patient is located.
Reid has a long history of technological innovation. With the launch of clinical Telehealth services, Reid is pioneering the use of technology to deliver care right where the patient is located – no travel to the main campus is required.
Reid Telehealth makes health care much more convenient for patients. By expanding the reach of Reid’s medical providers and increasing access to healthcare, the service also helps to improve outcomes and reduce costs.
To read more, visit our Telehealth page.