Volunteer at ReidOur Junior Volunteer program
Junior Volunteers are vital to our volunteer program. The Reid Health Junior Volunteer program offers opportunities for young people to serve the community and learn the value of volunteer service.
Junior Volunteers are learning new skills to help in the workforce or to gain experience for their resume or college entrance. Whatever the reason, you will get more from volunteering than you would expect.
Our Junior program
For each JV session we will accept new applicants. It is important that you check the application packet deadline in order to be eligible for an interview. Our Junior program consists of three phases: Guest Relations, Patient Interaction, Student Leadership.
How it works:
- Each junior volunteer works one shift, two hours a week
- Assignments will be made based on hospital needs.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old at the time of orientation
- Junior volunteers may serve until they are 18 or graduate from high school
- The experience can be valuable in making college and career decisions
Runs from June 1 - Mid August for 2 - 4 hours per week
- Application packet deadline - April 1
Runs from Sept. 15 - mid December for two hours a week
- Application packet deadline - August 1
- Application submitted
- Interviews & acceptance
- Begin assignment