Cancer and its treatment may limit the physical activity of patients and survivors. This can result in the loss of strength and overall fitness. With the right help, many survivors can increase their physical activity because it is safe, achievable, and helpful. CancerFIT is a free service for current patients and survivors.
Our Certified Cancer Exercise Specialist will create a program that is tailored to your specific needs. Training sessions are offered by appointment only and are 30 minutes in duration.
Goals & Benefits of CancerFit
- Move more and rest less
- Increase your heart rate
- Be physically active every day and avoid being inactive for long periods each day
- Improve muscle strength and form with resistance training a couple times a week. This will allow you to do more self-care activities, not fall down, and have a higher bone density.
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Greater muscle strength
- Better balance
- Healthier body composition
- Less fatigue
- Better emotional well-being
- Improved quality of life
- Lower risk of damage to cardiovascular system
- Improved activities of daily living