Reid’s Massage Therapy Department offers healing massage therapy with a variety of choices. From hot stone massage, relaxing chair massage or targeted massage for pain management, our staff uses a variety of techniques.
Massage office locations:
- Richmond – Reid Health Outpatient Care Center – 2nd floor
- To schedule, call Reid Central Scheduling at (765) 983-3358.
- Eaton – Reid Eaton Family & Specialty Care
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Pain reduction
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Decreases muscle tension and stiffness
- Facilitates weight gain in preterm infants
- Can help reduce high blood pressure
- Improves circulation and lymph flow
- Decreases headaches, including migraines
- Promotes relaxation
- Decreases stress hormones
- Alleviates depressive symptoms
- Enhances attentiveness
- Increases awareness of the mind-body connection
Despite its many benefits, massage isn’t meant as a replacement for regular medical care. Let your doctor know you are trying massage, and be sure to follow any standard treatment plans you have in place.
Massage is generally safe as long as it is done by a trained therapist. But massage is not appropriate for everyone.
Discuss massage with your doctor first in cases of:
- Unexplained pain or other symptoms
- Burns or open wounds
- Blood clots
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Severe osteoporosis
- Pregnancy (Check with your doctor to ensure you are a candidate for massage therapy.)
- Massage Therapy offers many benefits:
- Relieving headaches
- Reducing high blood pressure
- Promoting relaxation and reducing stress
- Reid Health’s massage therapists are licensed or certified and are trained in multiple modalities.
- We are here to serve you in multiple locations with hours to fit all schedules.