Our goal is to provide focused care to those who are terminally ill, while helping them maintain their quality of life. Reid Hospice cares for the whole person and strives to make each day count. Patients are never denied hospice no matter their ability to pay.
Take a look at the:
Fast Facts about Hospice
- Not just for cancer patients, but patients with any terminal illness
- Offers four levels of care: care in the home, continuous care, respite care & inpatient care
- Ongoing assessment of the patient’s condition
- Primary focus of providing and maintaining patient’s quality of life
- Pain and symptom management
- Social worker to assist with financial issues and advanced directives
- Chaplain support
- Comfort care and pain management
- Emotional support for patient and significant others
- Patient and family education which can include end of life issues
- Side effect management
- Wound care
- Catheter care
- Volunteers who assist with respite for caregivers and social support to the patients
- Grief support
- Bereavement follow-up for the family/caregiver
- Hospital respite care to relieve the caregivers and to provide them rest
- 24-hour-a-day on-call support
Patients using Hospice can keep their current physician. Our team will work together with your doctor to provide you with the very best care. Hospice care is covered under Medicare A, Medicaid and most private insurance companies.
For more information, please feel free to contact us or call (765) 983-3344.