15 Minutes can save your life!
A heart scan helps spot heart disease in its earliest stages allowing quick action and treatments that can help prolong life.
This screening may benefit you if:
- You are age 40 or older and have had none of the below experiences.
This screening may not benefit you if you:
- Have had a history of coronary artery disease diagnosed by a doctor
- Have had a heart attack
- Have had previous testing that showed heart artery blockage
- Have had symptoms that make you worry about your heart
- Have had chest pains
- Have had shortness of breath
- Have had palpitations
- Have had a coronary calcification test done within the last five years.
If one of the above options describes you, a physician referral will be required to receive this scan.
This screening may benefit you if you:
- Are 55 - 77 years of age
- Have a history of smoking tobacco
- At least 30 "pack-years"
- One "pack-year" is equal to smoking one pack per day for one year; 1 pack = 20 cigarettes.
- Are currently a smoker or have quit smoking within the last 15 years.
- Have had no signs or symptoms of lung cancer
Are you at risk for a stroke, aneurysm or peripheral artery disease? A vascular screening is a simple three-part procedure done in our office that has saved hundreds of lives in our area.
Vascular screening is recommended every five years for those 50 and older with a history of smoking and/or diabetes.