Heart & Vascular CenterServices
The Reid Heart & Vascular Center offers a full range of services. Should you need us, we can provide numerous diagnostic procedures and technologies, including:
- Calcium CT Scans (CT Cardiac Scoring) - The heart CT scan is a painless scan that can spot heart disease in its earliest stages. It involves the use of a computed tomography (CT) test that looks for calcium buildup in the lining of the arteries. It can be scheduled (without a referral) by calling Central Scheduling at (765) 983-3358, where pricing is also available.
- Catheterizations - Heart caths are used to get more details about potential blockages in the heart. We have two cath labs available.
- Electrophysiologic (EP) Studies - EP studies are for patients with symptoms of heart rhythm disorders.
- EKGs - A common test done on heart patients that records the heart's activity over time.
- Stress Tests - This test is performed to evaluate arterial blood flow to the heart muscle during physical exercise versus while at rest.
- LifeVest Wearable Defibrillator - The first "wearable" defibrillator continuously monitors the patient's heart and if a life-threatening heart rhythm is detected, the device delivers a treatment shock to restore normal rhythm. It is used for a range of patient conditions, including following a heart attack, before or after bypass surgery or stent placement, and cardiomyopathy or congestive heart failure that place patients at particuarly risk. LifeVest Q&A LifeVest Video
Should a test or your physician determine you need intervention, we also provide:
- Open-heart Surgery - We have experienced surgeons and a support team dedicated to excellence.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) & Pacemakers - Implantable cardioverter defibrillators are effective in fighting sudden cardiac arrest. Learn more about Permanent Pacemakers.
- Angioplasty & Stents - Balloon angioplasty and stenting is sometimes an alternative to open-heart surgery.
- Cardiac Ablation - This procedure can resolve the "short circuits" that sometimes cause disturbances in heart rhythms. Our Cardiac Ablation specialist is one of only 300 nationwide.
- Advanced Heart Failure Tests & Treatments - If you have been diagnosed with heart failure or cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart), ask your doctor about the Reid Advanced Heart Failure Center. Call (765) 962-1337, ext. 6435 for an appointment or more information.
- Vascular Surgery - Our vascular surgeons treat various conditions, including aneurysms.
- Watchman Device - If you are actively taking blood thinners for atrial fibrillation, (AFib not caused by a heart valve problem), this device could help you. Learn more
TCAR (TransCarotid Artery Revascularization) - Transcarotid artery revascularization is a minimally invasive procedure used to treat carotid artery disease and help prevent future strokes.
TAVR: Transcatheter aortic Valve Replacement - Transcatheter aortic valve replacement is a procedure used to treat aortic valve stenosis (narrowing of the aortic valve). TAVR is less invasive than open heart surgery and the recovery is shorter.
PFO/ASD repair - This minimally invasive procedure closes an abnormal opening in the heart and can reduce the risk of a second stroke in select patients.
EVAR: Endovascular Aneurysm Repair - Endovascular aneurysm repair involves placing a fabric covered stent across the the aneurysm. This minimally invasive procedure is done through a small hole in the groin.
Read more about robotics and technology at Reid Health.