Heart & Vascular CenterServices
The Reid Heart & Vascular Center offers a full range of services. Should you need us, we can provide numerous diagnostic procedures and technologies, including:
- Calcium CT Scans (CT Cardiac Scoring) – The heart CT scan is a painless scan that can spot heart disease in its earliest stages. It involves the use of a computed tomography (CT) test that looks for calcium buildup in the lining of the arteries. It can be scheduled (without a referral) by calling Central Scheduling at (765) 983-3358, where pricing is also available.
- Catheterizations – Heart caths are used to get more details about potential blockages in the heart. We have two cath labs available.
- Electrophysiologic (EP) Studies – EP studies are for patients with symptoms of heart rhythm disorders.
- EKGs – A common test done on heart patients that records the heart’s activity over time.
- Stress Tests – This test is performed to evaluate arterial blood flow to the heart muscle during physical exercise versus while at rest.
- LifeVest Wearable Defibrillator – The first “wearable” defibrillator continuously monitors the patient’s heart and if a life-threatening heart rhythm is detected, the device delivers a treatment shock to restore normal rhythm. It is used for a range of patient conditions, including following a heart attack, before or after bypass surgery or stent placement, and cardiomyopathy or congestive heart failure that place patients at particuarly risk. LifeVest Q&A LifeVest Video
Should a test or your physician determine you need intervention, we also provide:
- Open-heart Surgery – We have experienced surgeons and a support team dedicated to excellence.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) & Pacemakers – Implantable cardioverter defibrillators are effective in fighting sudden cardiac arrest.
- Angioplasty & Stents – Balloon angioplasty and stenting is sometimes an alternative to open-heart surgery.
- Cardiac Ablation – This procedure can resolve the “short circuits” that sometimes cause disturbances in heart rhythms. Our Cardiac Ablation specialist is one of only 300 nationwide.
- Advanced Heart Failure Tests & Treatments – If you have been diagnosed with heart failure or cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart), ask your doctor about the Reid Advanced Heart Failure Center. Call (765) 962-1337, ext. 6435 for an appointment or more information.
- Vascular Surgery – Our vascular surgeons treat various conditions, including aneurysms.
- Watchman Device – If you are actively taking blood thinners for atrial fibrillation, (AFib not caused by a heart valve problem), this device could help you. Learn more
Reid Heart & Vascular Center offers Sensei® X Robotic Catheter System in its Rhythm Management program. This system is designed to give Reid’s electrophysiologists accurate and stable control of catheter movement during complex cardiac procedures performed to diagnose patients suffering from abnormal heart rhythms or arrhythmias. The system is designed to facilitate minimally invasive catheter-based procedures in the heart by providing more control over catheter placement during these procedures.
Read more about robotics and technology at Reid.