Reid Health celebrates 5 new graduates of Family Medicine Residency Program
Graduates of Reid Health's Family Medicine Residency Program (from left): Kapesh Kunwar, MD; Brandon Baccari, DO; Nabeel Uwaydah, MD; Mehrosh Naseem, MD; and Nida Noor, MD.
June 21, 2022 -- Reid Health is saying goodbye to five graduates of its Family Medicine Residency Program and hello to a handful of new doctors who will soon begin their own three-year stint.
Members of the Class of 2022 were celebrated Saturday at Forest Hills Country Club. Each will finish their time at the Reid Health Residency Clinic in Richmond over the coming weeks before moving on to the next step in their careers.
"This class represents many significant changes for the program," said Phillip Scott, DO, FAAFP, Residency Program Director.
"They're the first class with MD and international physicians. Also, this group learned to deal with COVID-19 from the first year of their training."
Those graduating in the 2022 class include:
- Brandon Baccari, DO, who will work for Lutheran Health in Fort Wayne, Ind.;
- Kapesh Kunwar, MD, who will work for IU Health in Indianapolis;
- Mehrosh Naseem, MD, who has been accepted to an Integrative Medicine fellowship at The Ohio State University;
- Nida Noor, MD, who is undecided; and
- Nabeel Uwaydah, MD, who also is undecided.
Reid's residency program is affiliated with the Kansas City University of Medicine and Bioscience in Kansas City, Mo. Graduates complete three years of training in family medicine, gaining a wide-ranging experience in the Reid Health system.
"This class represents many significant changes for the program. They're the first class with MD and international physicians. Also, this group learned to deal with COVID-19 from the first year of their training." -- Phillip Scott, DO, FAAFP, Residency Program Director
Five new doctors will join the program in July, bringing the total number of residents to 18. Five core faculty members - Dr. Scott; Nuzhat Nisa, MD; Novera Inam, MD; Donald Smith, MD; and Tim Kaehr, MA, LMFT - supervise the residents' overall training, along with 75 community physicians who act as preceptors across a variety of medical specialties.
The residents in Reid's program include:
- Advancing second-year residents Jonathan Adams, DO; Adebisi Adeyemi, MD; Waiel Almardini, MD; Kimberly Carhuatanta, DO; Dustin Cundiff, DO; Ibrahim Khan, MD; and Abdallah Saleh, MD
- Advancing first-year residents Kristopher Brott, DO; Shruti Dave, MD; Tanner Everhart, DO; Nicholas Hinkle, DO; Joseph Intriago, MD; and Sara Khan, MD
- New residents Bothaina Afifi, MD; Vijay Gottipati, MD; Nicole Hountz, DO; Jeffery Lee, MD; and Benjamin Leeds, DO
"It's remarkable to think we've had this program for almost seven years now," Dr. Scott said. "As of this year, we'll have graduated 24 family physicians and kept many excellent physicians in the Richmond area. We hope to keep even more here in the future."