Join the Team….Make a Difference…..Be a Volunteer
Welcome to Volunteer Services
Reid’s volunteers unselfishly give of their time and share their skills and talents to help us in our mission of caring for others. Volunteers at Reid support more than 50 different areas. They serve as hosts/hostesses, provide information, escort patients and visitors, provide assistance in the Ginkgo Boutique, deliver mail, arrange flowers, assist on nursing units and in many offices, and much more.
We can’t do it without you!
Volunteers are special people who choose to assist Reid Health in its mission of providing the best patient care.
All volunteer service is related to patient care. Although you may never have direct contact with patients, the welfare of the patient is always our top priority. With training, our volunteers are able to assist with many clinical and non-clinical support services.
Volunteers usually provide their services one day a week for 2-4 hours. Because of the amount of training involved, Reid asks for a six month commitment.
Our Volunteer Vision
- Respond to requests of staff with compassionate, well-trained and resourceful volunteers
- Promote community service by providing volunteer opportunities for youth and adults
- Provide services, which support patient care by focusing on the patient experience
- Provide to the community, a means of meeting the human need to give service
- Assist with communications between staff, visitors, and patients
Adult-Hospice-Dog Therapy –College Students
- Complete an application packet – can be done securely online below or call our office (765)-983-3152
- Complete a 30 minute interview with Volunteer Services
- Complete a reference & background check
- Have a TB Test
- Sign confidentiality form
- Attend required orientations
• Complete an application packet– can be done securely online below or through you school counselor
• Have Counselor send recommendation
• Complete a 20 minute interview with Volunteer Services
• Have a TB test
• Sign confidentiality form
• Attend required orientations
Call Reid’s Volunteer Department at (765) 983-3152 or e-mail
Shara.Short@ReidHealth.org for more information.