Recipe: Poached Fish in Tomato Basil Sauce
• 4 white fish fillets
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes,
cut in half
• 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
• ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
• ¼ cup dry white wine
• ½ tsp ground black pepper
• ¼ cup fresh basil leaves,
1. Place tomatoes, garlic and pepper in a skillet over
medium heat; cook for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes
start to turn soft and start to blister.
2. Add chicken stock, white wine, fish fillets and chopped
basil. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the fish
is fully cooked.
3. Sprinkle with an additional handful of chopped basil.
Nutrition Information for 1 serving with 3oz Cod Fillet: Calories 104,
Fat 1g, Cholesterol 36mg, Sodium 136mg, Potassium 285mg,
Total Carbohydrates 6grams, Fiber 2g, Protein 17g