Recipe: Homemade Gummies
Servings: Approx. 75 - 100 (depending on size)
• 1 ½ cup fruit and/or vegetable juice (preferably 100% juice, not concentrate)
• 4 tbsp. unflavored gelatin
• 2 tbsp. honey
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
(could also use liquid stevia)
1. Pour juice into a small-medium saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and let sit for just a few minutes until the gelatin is absorbed into the juice.
2. Place the saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Let the juice warm but do not let boil. Gelatin will dissolve and turn thin and runny; it will be granny at the beginning but after a few minutes will dissolve completely.
3. Add honey and vanilla extract or liquid stevia.
4. Put the juice in a liquid measuring cup and pour contents into a loaf pan or fun gummy molds and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours.
5. Remove from molds or if using a loaf pan, cut into small squares.
6. Keep homemade gummies in an airtight container in the refrigerator
for about 2 weeks. Can leave out on the countertop as well.
Nutrition Information per gummy - Calories 5, Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 3mg, Carbohydrates 1g, Fiber 0g, Protein 0.3g