Recipe: Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
• 1 package frozen hash brown
potatoes (or your own potatoes
with your favorite seasoning)
• 9oz lean turkey or chicken
breakfast sausage, browned/diced
• 1 cup shredded reduced fat
• 1 bell pepper, diced
• 14 egg whites
• 1 (8oz) package of mushrooms,
• 1 cup fat-free milk
• 6 scallions, diced
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• ½ tsp pepper
• ½ tsp paprika
• ½ tsp dry mustard
1. Spray inside of crockpot with non-fat cooking spray or
use crockpot liner.
2. Layer potatoes, bell pepper, onions, mushroom and sausage
and ½ cup of the shredded cheese in the crockpot, in two or
3. Top with the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk, pepper,
paprika, garlic powder and dry mustard. Pour over the entire
potato and vegetable layers.
5. Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hrs or until eggs are cooked through.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 245, Total Fat 8g,
Carbohydrates 16 grams, Protein 24 grams, Fiber 2 grams