Recipe: Chicken and Zucchini Burgers
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 small yellow squash, shredded
- ½ cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/8 - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Optional: 4-5 slices of white cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. After shredding the zucchini and squash, use your hands to squeeze any moisture from the vegetables.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, zucchini, squash, onions, bread crumbs, egg, cayenne pepper and salt. Using your hands, carefully creating 5 chicken patties.
3. Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to large cast-iron skillet or frying pan, allow the pan to get hot. Sear the chicken patties about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
4. Transfer the chicken patties to a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Add a slice of cheese if desired and bake for 2 minutes longer.
5. Serve on your favorite burger buns with the toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Information per patty not including the cheese or bun - Calories 207, Total Fat 2.6g (Sat. Fat 0.5g),
Cholesterol 103mg, Sodium 188mg, Potassium 123mg, Total Carbohydrates 12.5g, Fiber 1g, Protein 23g