I Heart Cooking
American Heart Association grants have funded this heart-healthy cooking program for Wayne County viewers on Whitewater Community Television since 2014. I Heart Cooking is led by Reid registered dietitian Jennifer Stachler and Chef Dugan Wetzel.
The Community Innovation Grant from the American Heart Association is designed to help achieve the American Heart Association’s mission: to build healthier lives, free from cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
The classes are held at the Richmond Power & Light headquarters in Richmond using their fully-equipped test kitchen. Each class is being filmed by WCTV and air on WETV Channel 20. Various community groups will be invited to attend the program as live audience members each month.
“I Heart Cooking” airs Monday nights at 9:30 on WETV, Channel 20 and replays Tuesdays at 2:30am, 7:30am, 11:30am & 4:30pm.
For more information about the project, contact Christie Ferriell at 765-983-3423. To learn more about the American Heart Association and their Community Innovation Grant program, visit www.heart.org.
Current Season Episodes
- Episode 17-06 Rolling Out the Snacks – June 2017
- Episode 17-05 A Twist on Comfort Food – May 2017
- Episode 17-04 Making Your Own Veggie Chips – April 2017
- Episode 17-03 Fresh Mex Meals – March 2017
- Episode 17-02 Cutting the Carbs with Cauliflower – February 2017
- Episode 17-01 Making Omega Changes – January 2017