Recipe: Orange Roughy with Tomatoes & Spinach
Orange Roughy with Tomatoes & Spinach
Serving Size: 1 fillet
Total Time: 30-35 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoon water and 2 tablespoon water (optional), divided use
- 1—28 oz can no-salt-added Italian tomatoes, untrained
- ½ cup dry white wine (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 10 oz spinach, coarsely torn
- 2 tablespoon finely snipped fresh dill weed
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 orange roughy fillets (about 4 oz each)
- ½ pepper
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13x9x2 – inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skill, heat the oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour in 3 tbsp water. Cook until the water has evaporated, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the tomatoes with liquid and the wine. Crush the tomatoes with a spoon. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced slightly.
- Stir in the spinach. Cook, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the dillweed, parsley and lemon juice.
- Pour half the sauce into the baking dish. Place the fish on the sauce. Sprinkle with the pepper. Fold each fillet in half. Top with the remaining sauce.
- Bake, covered, for 15-18 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer the fish to a small platter.
- If the sauce is the consistency you like, spoon over the fish. If you prefer a ticker sauce, cover the fish to keep warm. Pour the sauce into a large nonstick skillet. Put the cornstarch in a small bowl. Add the remaining 2 tbsp water, whisking to dissolve. Stir into the sauce. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until the desired consistency, stirring constantly. Spoon the sauce over the fish.
Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories 158, Total Fat 2g, Cholesterol 68mg, Sodium 136mg, Carbohydrates 12g, Fiber 3g, Protein 22g