Reid HealthWorks in Connersville announces limited reopening
Reid HealthWorks Fitness Center in Connersville will reopen on May 26, but with limits related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
"We are taking
extensive steps to ensure the safety of our staff and of members who we are
able to allow to begin using our facility," said Tajuan Stoker, Director of
Wellness Services for Reid Health. He said the center will follow the state
guidelines that will limit how many clients can be inside. "Unfortunately, some
of our at-risk clients won't be able to come in yet. We of course will let
everyone know when that changes."
As part of Reid
Health's Safe Pathways to Care initiative, safety steps will include:
- Requiring masks of all staff and members when they are not using specific exercise equipment
- Allowing use of personal trainers with social distancing
- Limiting the number of clients in the facility
- Continuing to offer virtual classes - no in-person classes at this time
- Diligent hand washing and extra cleaning precautions including of equipment after each use
- Providing only bottled water
- And screening of symptoms
cannot yet allow entry to:
- Children unless they are members
- People 65 or older
- Members who live in a long-term care facility
- Members with underlying health conditions such as lung or heart disease, severe asthma, compromised immunity, severe obesity (greater than 40 bmi), uncontrolled diabetes (Hgba1C greater than 8), chronic kidney or advanced liver disease.
restrictions are to protect you as well as others who use our facility," said Stoker.
"We trust as the crisis subsides, we will be able to continue to ease these
also call first to be sure the facility isn't full -- (765) 827-7719.