Family Medicine Residency
The Reid Health Family Medicine Residency provides a great environment in an established, high patient volume hospital. Residents will receive a structured education in all required areas of family medicine. These areas will build upon the skills to provide comprehensive and compassionate care to patients. The Family Medicine residency program offers three years of intensive, hands-on training in both hospital and clinic environments. The program is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and in the process of transitioning accreditation to the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) as part of the single accreditation requirements.
Reid Health has won a wide array of awards from 8 Most Wired Hospital awards to being among the nation’s top 16 hospitals for infection prevention, according to a study released by Consumer Reports. Click here for more awards and recognitions.
A great location
Reid Health is ideally located at the crossroads of America, on the Indiana-Ohio line along Interstate 70. We are an easy drive to Indianapolis, and Dayton and Cincinnati in Ohio.
Click to learn lots more about our community!
Benefits that residents can enroll in include:
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Supplemental employee life insurance
• Spouse and dependent life insurance
• Short-term disability
• Voluntary accidental death and dismemberment insurance (AD&D)
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
• Legal insurance
• Accident Plan
• Critical Illness
- Tom Huth, M.D., Reid Vice President of Medical Affairs – Executive Sponsor.
- Phillip Scott, D.O., Program Director
- Annuradha Bhandari, M.D., Associate Program Director
- Roy Teng, D.O., Director of Graduate Medical Education
- Paul Rider, M.D., Director of Continuing Medical Education
- Jan L. Deer, Program Coordinator
Prospective applicants must have successfully completed and/or be in their last year of Osteopathic medical school.
The Family Medicine Residency Program accepts applications for our program through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Please visit their site and follow the directions provided.
Search for our program by using the Search by Accrediation ID (AOA) when applying to our program through ERAS. Our Accreditation ID is 370392.
The Application Process
In order to be considered, a complete application file must be submitted. The following is a list of our application criteria:
- Must have graduated medical school within the past 5 years
- Passing score on USMLE or COMLEX
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis (Our program does not sponsor visas)
- ERAS application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcripts
- Dean’s Letter
- Personal statement addressing Family Medicine as your choice of specialties and your interest in our program
- Explanations concerning any unsuccessfully completed medical school rotations or gaps/interruptions in education or employment
Following a review of all completed application documents, selected applicants will be notified by e-mail. Your application may be placed on hold if found incomplete. It will be reviewed once all information is received.
For more information
If you would like additional information regarding application to our residency program, please call or email Jan L. Deer, Program Coordinator, (765) 935-8808. Email Jan.Deer@ReidHealth.org.