Family Medicine Residency Program
The Reid Health Family Medicine Residency offers a great environment in an established, high-volume regional referral center. Residents receive a hands-on education in all required areas of family medicine, enjoying an unopposed structure that provides varied experiences ranging from emergency care to pediatrics, adult medicine, women’s health and more.
The Family Medicine residency program offers three years of training in hospital and clinic environments.
“Attendings will go out of their way to include us in procedures and interesting learning cases. Each attending really enjoys the opportunity to teach residents and take the opportunity to impart their knowledge on a wide variety of subjects,” – Emily Lynch, D.O, current resident.
Other aspects that our residents say set us apart:
- Impressive, newer facilities with a range of specialties in one expanding health system that consistently gains regional and national recognition
- A mission and community-focused culture that mirrors the “osteopathic” principles of taking care of patients
- Ability to focus on specific areas of interest, such as sports medicine or women’s health
- Opportunities to actually get to know and follow patients in your care
- Top tier technology
- Joining and helping shape a program that is transitioning a high quality health system into a high quality teaching system
- Proximity to larger metro areas but a smaller-community atmosphere with an affordable cost of living, easy campus access and free parking
- Now engaged in several sponsored research protocols and developing a Reid Research Institute to support physicians’ and residents’ research interests
- Third-year residents who have full Indiana license can moonlight at Reid Urgent Care, on the hospitalist team and other approved moonlighting opportunities.
Our program is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and in the process of transitioning accreditation to the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) as part of the single accreditation requirements.
A great location
|Reid Health is ideally located at the crossroads of America, on the Indiana-Ohio line along Interstate 70. We are an easy drive to Indianapolis, and Dayton and Cincinnati in Ohio. We have facilities and satellites in nine surrounding counties.|
Learn lots more about our community!
- First year – $51,000 plus $2000 sign-on bonus
- Second year – $54,000
- Third year – $56,000
Benefits residents can choose include:
- Free Cafe at 1200 meals while on duty
- $1500 annual educational stipend
Benefits for all full-time Reid Health Employees:
- Free Parking
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Supplemental employee life insurance
- Spouse and dependent life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Voluntary accidental death and dismemberment insurance (AD&D)
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- 403b Retirement Plan with employer match
- Legal insurance
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness
For more information
“I’ve also had lots of opportunity for procedures, more so than at the other programs I rotated through during my fourth year of med school.” – Akitto Ledda, D.O., 2nd year resident