Recipe: Asian Peanut Spaghetti Squash
Servings: 6 • Total Time: ~45 minutes
• 1 large spaghetti squash
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 lb lean ground chicken (95/5)
• 1 (8oz) package mushrooms, sliced
• 1 large green, red or orange pepper,
seeded and thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
• 2 tbsp peanut butter
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 1/8 tsp ground ginger
• 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
• ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• ¼ cup unsalted peanuts, finely
1. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds with a spoon. Place squash,
cut side down in a microwave safe pan. Add about ¼ cup of water to pan
and cover pan with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for about 10-15 minutes
or until squash is soft. Cool slightly, and using a fork, remove squash in long
2. While squash is in the microwave, place large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add oil, cook garlic and chicken, stirring consistently for about 3-5 minutes
or until chicken is about cooked through.
3. Add mushrooms, green pepper and onion to pan, cooking for another 4-6
minutes or until vegetables and meat are cooked through.
4. Add soy sauce, peanut butter, lime juice, ginger and pepper to pan, stir to
5. Add squash and stir to coat.
6. Top with cilantro and peanuts before serving.
Nutrition Information for 1 serving: Calories 257, Fat 8g (Saturated 2g,
Monounsaturated 3g, Polyunsaturated 1g), Cholesterol 60g,
Sodium 490mg, Potassium 334mg, Carbohydrates 18g, Fiber 3g, Protein 22g